Annual Product Inspection
It is recommended that each KidWalk should be subject to detailed inspection at least once a year and every time the product is reissued for use. This inspection should be carried out by a technically competent person who has been trained in the use of the product and should include the following checks as a minimum requirement.
- Verify that the seat height adjustment mechanism is locking securely
- Check the mast secures to the base frame and the pin moves freely into the locked position
- Verify that all knobs, nuts, bolts, plastic buckles and Velcro are in place and have any missing items replaced
- Lift the base to check each wheel individually. Make sure they are moving freely and remove any dirt from the rubber wheels.
- Check that the brakes lock the wheels fully
- Make sure that the nuts and bolts are tight and secure on all of the components
- Check that the mast tilt adjustment mechanism is working correctly
- Maintain a written record of all product inspections. If there is any doubt of the continued safe usability of you KidWalk or if any parts should fail, cease using the product immediately and contact Prime Engineering customer service department or your local dealer as soon as possible.
(From Prime Engineering KidWalk Manual)